Connections to my past and present


The daughter of Sigurd,living in south Mississippi,far from the land where I was born and of my ancestors!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Family Tree

I thought that I would start a series on our family history, frustrated teacher that I am! Thanks to Tonya Brown and Jim Ellingboe for providing me with all the information about the Kvale family.They have both spent years doing research and we are the lucky recipients of their hard work.By now,those of you that I have been in contact with,already have the links to their websites.If anyone else is interested,please leave me a comment.The Kvale family has a long and rich history in Valdres.Our great grandfather,Jens Gulbrandsen Kvale,moved to Eidfjord in Hardanger and married Ingeborg Andersdatter Hereid,who was descended from the Galtung family.Through her ancestors, we are descended from people that you've heard of all your life and read about in history books. I think it would be fun to explore the lives of our ancestors, since much has been written about them.What started out with the "googling" of Anders Andersen Riber's name has lead to thousands of names....so,let's learn a little about their lives.I'll have to work on this, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment